Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Floods ahead


I've been away for most of August and I am so glad to be home again. What a relief not to have to live out of a suitcase anymore and put up with the wrong kind of pillow.

I'm afraid the above photo didn't turn out too well but it gives you an idea of where I was for part of the time (before heading down south with flip flops).

I went up to Yorkshire, breathing in the clean air of the Dales. My Hunter wellies came in very handy, as it rained and rained and rained so much that some roads flooded. Which was actually interesting (because we weren't in a hurry to get anywhere).


There are more sheep than people in this part of the country. 


This is the view that Mary, Queen of Scots, got to enjoy when she was imprisoned in Bolton Castle (July 1568 - January 1569).


When it wasn't raining, it was magnificent. 


By the way, the heels that you see in the first photo are - ta-da! - the same patent beige LK Bennett shoes that the Duchess wears :-) In fact, I went a bit crazy buying shoes...
See them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment