Sunday, November 28, 2010

How to lose 10 pounds in 10days.................................


As I stated in my previous blog, I have tried every weight lost method known to man. It seems like I have never been satisfied with my body, considering I have been on a diet since birth. I think as human being we are never really satisfied, we always want what we don't have. Ironically looking over some of my old pictures I would be content to have my old body back. So I wanted to include these old pictures in this blog, these pictures will serve as my personal motivation to succeed.


I recently went on a diet for 10 days and managed to lose ten pounds. I use the word diet reluctantly but during my ten day journey, I had more energy, felt incredible, my taste palette changed and I became motivated to finish what I started. Now anytime you lose weight quickly, it comes back on quickly. I am using this diet as a catalyst to start my life style change.


Mayo Clinic Diet

The Mayo Clinic diet starts with a two-week phase designed to help you begin seeing results right away, with weight loss of 6 to 10 pounds (2.7 to 4.5 kg). Unlike fad diets that promise rapid weight loss, The Mayo Clinic Diet approach is safe and healthy while building momentum and enthusiasm. It's based on changing habits for a lifetime so that the weight you lose doesn't come back, as it probably has in the past on fad diets.

The Mayo Clinic Diet helps you reshape your body and your lifestyle by adopting healthy habits and breaking unhealthy ones.

12 days on – 2 days off

Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
2 Eggs (any style)
2 Slices Bacon

Lunch
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount)
Salad (any kind of dressing)

Dinner
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount) (fish may be substituted for meat)
Vegetables (any green, yellow, or red vegetables cooked in butter or any seasoning)

Bed Time Snack
1 glass tomato juice or 1 glass Skim milk

Vegetables Allowed
Red onions, green onions, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peas.

Vegetables to Avoid
White onions, potatoes, celery.

Instructions

  1. At any meal you may eat until you are full – until you can’t eat any more.
  2. Don’t eliminate anything from the diet, especially don’t skip bacon at breakfast or omit salads. It is the combination of foods that burn fat.
  3. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process.
  4. Cut down on caffeine – it affects the insulin balance that hinders the burning process. Try to limit to 1 cup per meal at mealtime.
  5. Don’t eat between meals. If you eat the combination of food suggested you will not be hungry.


Pilar Sanders
MOTIVATION
The only reason I didn't do the whole two weeks is because I wanted to enjoy Thanksgiving. I have been off of the diet for 3 days and do not have the same energy I had while on the diet. I am looking forward to starting again tomorrow morning. Above I listed the menu for the diet, I tweeked mine a little, but followed the major rules. I found myself eating boiled eggs for breakfast with two slices of turkey bacon, two boiled eggs for lunch and meat and vegetables for dinner. Something that really helped me was having raw carrots around whenever I felt hungry, I snacked on them.
This diet is not for everybody, but it's good for me because it keeps me motivated, the fact that I am able to fit in my old clothes pushes me to go to the gym and wanna eat healthy. I hope you join me on my journey, starting again tomorrow. I will report back with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment