Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kardashian Smokey Eyes and Dewy Skin...........................

The world has become Kim Kardashian crazy, it's amazing the power her name has....when I am at my job (MAC Make-up artist) and I tell a customer that a particular product is Kim Kardashian's favorite it is good as sold. I am not just talking about young girls, I am talking about women in there 40's and 50's.
Well two of her staples are smokey eyes and dewy skin. In this post I wanna just go over some quick tips of how you can achieve the look.

When doing a darker eye, I usually will do my eyes first and then do my foundation. My first step to doing my eyes is priming them. This is one of my favorite primers to use, (Urban decay Primer Potion) I have oily lids, so this matifies my eye so the shadow won't move or crease. My next step is to put down another primer so that the smokey eye really shows up. I like to take a kohl pencil and rub it against a stipple brush and fill my whole eyelid in with the dark black kohl.

I then take a warm gray color and tap it on my lid with a stipple brush, just focusing the color on my lid.

I then take a black shadow (Carbon by MAC) to do the outside corner. I basically am doing the shape of a half moon on the outside corner with a fluffier brush. Gradually building the color darker and darker.

I then take a matte medium brown color (Truffle, Laura Mercier) and just blend this in my crease, this will soften the smokey eye and give it a nice fade. The brown shadow essentially makes sure there are no harsh lines.
I then line my eyes and put on mascara.

Now it's time for skin. After I have put on moisturizer and primer, I give that a few minutes to set. I take my foundation brush with my dewy finish foundation (Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 by MAC) and sweep the foundation on, making little small circles until I have completed the whole face. This duo fibre brush (130 MAC Brush) allows the make-up to look airbrushed on. I then set the makeup with a mineral powder Mineralize Skin Finish (MAC).

To give a little more dew in the cheekbone area, I use a mixture of Lutre drops (MAC) and Cream Color Base (MAC). I take a flat stipple brush and just tap this on the high parts of my cheeks and then blend it out bypulling it up with the same brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment