Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dior: Lifting Amber 642, Rosy Tan 754, Ara 999

I seem to be having a Dior moment. I was a bit intrigued with their new Lift eyeshadow palette, which is supposed to contain some amazing serum that cares for your skin whilst looking pretty. And then typical me, once I started buying, I couldn't stop, so I got a few more things... 

This is the 642 Lifting Amber. It has a creamy base in the middle, three powder eyeshadows and in the bottom right hand corner is a very dark brown meant to be used as an eyeliner or eyebrow colour (only if you have dark hair, obviously). What I have noticed with this palette and the other one (below, Rosy Tan) is that Dior eyeshadows seem to have pigmentation issues. If you are used to solid, deep colours eg NARS, then you might find these frustrating. On the other hand, if you don't like having to blend so much, then these work really well. Perhaps well suited to beginners because they are all soft and natural, and there is no way you could apply too much and look like a clown, even if you wanted to.   

642 Lifting Amber

Here are the swatches - all except for the base, which is off whitish/slightly pink and not supposed to be visible once you've packed on the other colours, anyway - and I must say, I am very pleased with them. Very wearable. Just so you know, the brown isn't necessarily as dark as it looks here.


Here are the swatches again from a different angle. The brown eyeshadow looks better here. None of them are matte; the powder eyeshadows all have a subtle shimmer. And some more good news: The eyeliner seems to stay on really well (at least on my hand): I couldn't get the swatch off with soap and water! I had to use a make-up remover.


I think the cream shadow brush by Bobbi Brown might work very nicely for picking up the base. Dior suggests using fingers but I'm not so keen on that. 

642 Lifting Amber

I told myself that it made NO sense to buy two eyeshadow palettes at the same time but I still did because I have no self-control... This is from their summer collection: 754 Rosy Tan.

754 Rosy Tan

Five powder eyeshadows, very straightforward. They are all everyday colours. My favourite is the taupe in the bottom left hand corner. The light brown in the bottom right corner is matte. I haven't been able to decide yet which palette I prefer... because they are so similar.


And both go well with the lip products that I also got. The Lip Glow, which I'm sure you know about, I've had before (and lost within a week of buying it). It's a lip balm that is supposed to enhance your natural lip colour. I remember ending up with bright lips after applying it several times. I just wanted to try it again.


And a red lipstick. This is the Dior Rouge 999 Ara. What an amazing red. It looks like a true red to me but I'm not much of a red lipstick expert. 

Dior Rouge 999

I'm already nervous about wearing red lipstick during the day! I almost always have nude / only lightly-coloured lips. But when I see the look in magazines, I love it... These neutral eyeshadows will be the perfect balance for the bright lips! How often do you wear red lipstick and do you have a favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment