Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trying out Liz Earle

It wasn't long ago that I posted my skincare routine (see here). I wasn't entirely happy with it, though, so I decided to give Liz Earle a go. It's completely natural, they don't test on animals and they get so many good reviews so I thought it would be worth trying. 

I've been using these products for about six weeks now. I can't say I've noticed any difference in my skin - the stubborn spots are still there - but I do like it. Especially their award-winning cream cleanser which you wipe off with a pure muslin cloth. It completely removes make-up and my face feels so clean afterwards. I actually prefer this to the Clarisonic. 


After slapping on the tonic, I apply their skin repair moisturiser.


At night, I rub in an oil instead. I got the Superskin Concentrate in the small size and as you can see, it looks like I've hardly used it, although I've been using it every night for six weeks (mainly just on the t-zone). This made me break out at first - which was horrible! - but I decided to believe in it... and the spots went away after a week and a half or two. I'm hoping by the time I have finished this bottle I will have the softest skin ever... Let me just list the ingredients because they simply sound so good: "softening argan and organic rosehip oils, soothing neroli, lavender and chamomile essential oils plus conditioning natural source vitamin E". 


Their shampoo and conditioner were nice but not a must for me, I have to admit that I prefer my Kerastase. The body wash and body cream were also nice but I don't know if I'll be repurchasing, just because there are so many other products out there (that are cheaper, better, smell nicer, whatever). 

The only thing I did not like was their hand cream ('hand repair'). It did not moisturise. I had it in my handbag and used it several times daily for a week. My hands didn't just feel dry, they looked dry!


I got another set on the plane. Just the basics! Oh, the Superbalm - in the silver pot - is an emergency skin salve. I suppose it's like Bobbi Brown's Extra Soothing Balm. I don't need it but I have it in my handbag for those 'emergencies'.


My conclusion: I like the skincare. I also still want to believe that it will improve my skin. So I will definitely repurchase the cleanser and tonic, and I'm going to try a different moisturiser (Superskin), the exfoliator or mask and the spot treatment. What are your favourites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment