Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting Creative


CIAA 2008


CIAA 2010


Sooooooooo this past weekend was the annual CIAA (Historically Black College basketball tournament) it last five days and there are a lot of events that go on around the tournament. Living in the hosting city, there is the pressure to entertain people from out of town. So I knew I would have to go out Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Being the planner I am, I have spent the last month trying to put together my looks for the parties. Before I do any shopping online or in the stores the first place I shop is my closet. I love fashion but I love saving money even more. So I go in my closet and pull out all the possibilities, and I find an old dress I wore to CIAA two years ago. So I say to self," how can I reinvent this dress"..............so i start putting tops over the dress to see how it would look as a skirt. My favorite option with the dress is my black cardigan, however the dress criss crosses at the chest. So I take the dress to the seamtress and for $18 she makes it into a skirt. I paired the altered dress with a cardigan I have had since I came out the womb and my Fogal tights that will not die, black and white long triple strand necklace inspired by Chanel and my YSL inspired booties from ALDO.

No comments:

Post a Comment