Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Greatest Fashion Advice ever.................................

1950's evening wear

In fashion you have some things that are classic, never IN or OUT. They are simply, classic and staple pieces like the little black dress, pearls, white button down shirt, trench coats and a great pair of trousers.
Then there are trends, things that are HOT for the moment! One thing that I learned early is that a trend is hot today and gone tomorrow. But guess what that trend will be back. If I had a dollar for every time, my mother said "Oh they wearing______ again, we use to wear that back in my day." So of course I am wondering where are these items that my mom had, so I can wear them now. And of course like most, she threw that stuff away, not thinking that trend would ever come back. Lesson learned if I have anything in good shape, I am going to try my hardest to hang onto it, so I can wear it when that trend comes back around. I have some shoes in my closet that would get laughed at, but I bet anything I will wear them again.

Alicia Keys in evening wear 2010
(check the similarities from the very first picture)


1967
Dress by Paco Rabanne


Tarji Hensin 2010


Jumpsuit from 1980's


Jumpsuit from 2010 Spring


1960's Clutch


Clutch 2010
karlascloset.com


Daisy Duke in 1970's


2010
Hermes version of the daisy duke


Oxfords from 1980's


2010 Oxfords

No comments:

Post a Comment