Monday, June 14, 2010

Let's Talk Handbags.......................


Diana Von Furstenberg
$395
There is something about women in there handbags, it's a special relationship that can't be broken. I have noticed that over the years that handbags aren't just a glamourous accesory but also a status symbol. Women carry bags that reflect there current or desired lifestyle just as men cruise around in there automobiles.
I remember there was a time when a monogram Coach bag was the "IT" bag. My have times changed, Coach is still timeless but bags have gone from costing $200 to costing $2000.
An important lesson I have learned over the years, if you are going to invest in an expensive bag, invest in good quality material (example Leather or Snake skin). I have a canvas monogram bag I purchased in 2004, I wouldn't be caught dead in today. It is filthy and the trendy monogram print is dated. That same year I purchased an all leather black bag, no monogram in sight, I still carry this purse at least once a week. The lesson I learned is if I am going to invest money in a handbag, I want it to be something I can wear for years to come.
In this post I have some examples of timeless bags.


Python Frame Clutch
$1400


Chloe Marci Horseshoe Hobo
$1595


Nancy Gonzalez
$3150


Devi Kroell
$1490


Devi Kroell
$1490


Givenchy
$2020


Chanel 2.55 Black Leather Quilted Handbag
$3300

No comments:

Post a Comment