Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting Creative ........


This has got to be my most favorite discovery as of lately. I know you are wondering what is that in the top picture! In the picture above is a full pack of #2 yaki hair
( not the expensive stuff either).
For those who know me, know I love weave, however I don't like what comes with wearing weave.
Glue in weaves are extremely damaging to your own hair
Sew-ins are a commitment, that I can't stick too, plus I get aggravated not being able to scratch my scalp
Infusions were extremely damaging to my hair
So, recently I decided to give clip-ins a try. I went on youtube.com and learned how to make them myself.


Tools you will need:
Hair (on a track)
Curved needle or Straight needle as long as it is thin enough to get through the track
Thread that you use to do a sew-in with (sold at Beauty supply store)
Scissors
Wig clips ( sold at beauty supply 2 in a pack)
Step 1
Take the track and measure it against your head, so you can see where you want to cut it
Step 2
Thread your needle
Step 3
Take the wig clip and place it on the end of the track (wig clip pictured below)


Step 4
Take the threaded needle and sew the wig clip onto the track, the wig clip has holes at the top so you want to use those.
Depending on how long the track is, depends on how many wig clips you will use, you will only need three at the most.


Depending on how long the track is, depends on how many wig clips you will use, you will only need three at the most.
Here is a complete clip in track


(Looking a little rough, don't judge me, I did this project 1030pm on Sunday)
This is how it looked after I put the tracks in, haven't yet styled it but will post a picture later.
Stay tuned


Here is me the next day
Still have not styled the weave but I decided to wear it in a pony tail.
I love this whole concept, because as I type this I have no weave in my hair, so depending on what day of the week, I can add or take out depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment